Intro
Updating with a blast from the past!
The PoemSong Hybrid
Updating with a blast from the past!
The PoemSong Hybrid
Flawless
Thinking back on the days that have passed
I remember when it was your eye that I caught
No hesitation, confusion or even a pause
You just stepped in ready to destroy my life
Seeing you there walking down the aisle
Smiling like heaven watching her in my place
You hold her hand and whisper, I do
Before you know it, you’re man and wife
When you both kiss
I can’t help but feel our first on my lips
I thought it was something
I thought it was true
I guess now I get why it was as flawless as you
Or should I say her?
Guess she’s good enough for you
I guess she’s better than me
I guess that’s why you took off dishonestly
Church bell ringing, you hold her hand
She’s wearing my dress and my bouquet
But no, it ain’t me, sorry, my bad
She’s pretty, sweet, beautiful and flawless
I guess she’s as close to perfect
As unlike I could ever be
I remember the night you proposed
You told me you’d never ever leave me alone
I guess I now see that you’re a seasoned actor
Used to pretense, lies and deceit
I walk out the white church
I can’t stand it anymore
‘Cause she’s much better than me
Now that she’s your wife, baby
I see it clearly now, that I was clueless
It’s not really your fault
Just mine ‘Cause
I let myself believe and thus the fall
I should have seen through you
Should have known you weren’t true
But I did nothing just sat back and cried
I see how you said you didn’t mean to leave me
I guess you meant that we never were together
In your heart, it was always her
I see that now, I know she’s flawless
As can ever can be
But you’ll never be happy with her
‘Cause I know you better
I know when you’re wrong
Maybe she’s flawless
Maybe she’s the best
Maybe this is true love
But deep down, I’m your One
Back then
I loved that you’d look me in the eye
I see that explains why
You never look at me anymore
Just look through me like I’m glass
Trying to look away from my soulless eyes
‘Cause she’s flawless, baby
And I was a mistake
But don’t you see it’s all fake
‘Cause baby I’m your One
Yeah, I’m in love with you
I’m filled with flaws
Craziness and confusion
A lost little girl
Imperfect human being
I guess that’s exactly why
Baby, you think you don’t love me
So she’s flawless
And now even I can see.

No comments:
Post a Comment